We are Piedmont Environmental Alliance
Piedmont Environmental Alliance
Building a healthier, more economically vibrant and environmentally sustainable community
Petition for 100% Renewable Energy in the Triad
We're working with the Climate Reality Project, Citizens Climate Lobby, NC WARN, and other environmental groups to urge municipalities and counties in the Piedmont Triad to pass a resolution to commit to formulating a strategic plan to transition to 100% renewable energy by 2050. Sign our petition today to show your support.
Tell WS/FCS Leaders to Fund School Composting
In the coming months, the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School board will vote on funding the removal of compostable materials for local schools. Write a thank-you note to WS/FCS leaders to show your support for the elimination of styrofoam trays in all schools and to advocate for the expansion of compost pick-up services.
From the Blog
A mission to support the environment
Piedmont Environmental Alliance educates and empowers, builds community, and inspires action to create a healthier, more economically vibrant, and environmentally sustainable community.
Dynamic programs that educate and empower
Our education programs inspire learners of all ages to become citizen environmentalists, with the tools and knowledge to make sustainable lifestyle choices and champion environmental issues with their families, schools, and communities.
Exciting community engagement and events
We organize events that educate, inspire pro-environmental action, build community, and provide engagement opportunities for people of all ages. Our Earth Day Fair is THE event for celebrating sustainability and green living in the region, with great food and music, activities for adults and kids, and wonderful exhibitors and sponsors.
Robust partnerships and action to support the environment
We partner with organizations, corporations, individuals, and communities across the region to influence policy and practice on environmental issues. From collecting signatures to support the elimination of styrofoam trays in local schools to launching our Green Business Network designed to motivate local business owners to take action on environmental issues, we're focused on bringing a diverse range of folks to the table to create real community change.
PEA’s Federal Tax ID # is 74-3183083
Thank you to our 2019 Earth Day Sponsors
- Duke Energy/Piedmont Natural Gas Foothills Brewing Forsyth Country Day School HanesBrands
- The Montessori School of Winton-Salem
- Beta Verde / Cobblestone Farmers Market Modern Automotive
- NC Sierra Club Foothills Group
- PART Reynolda House Museum of American Art Robin Craig Photo Siemens Energy, Inc. Temple Emanuel Winston-Salem Triad Air Awareness
- Forsyth Audubon Society Forsyth Family Magazine
- Nu Expression Piedmont Land Conservancy
- Summit School TS Designs
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of WS Yadkin Riverkeeper
Environmental Debate & Education Program Sponsors
88.5 WFDD Northwest Geoscience Wells Fargo
Bookmarks Kaleideum Roots First Design Sawtooth School for Visual Art
Friends of the Fair
- a/perture cinema Bagel Station Custom Homes by Hamrick Ethos Engineering Express Graphics Freedom Creative Solutions Gallins Family Farm Moutain Park Spring Water Scruggs Leadership The Olio Triad Moms on Main Wake Forest University EMS
- Kozie Bartow Stephanie Bennett Tim & Karin Binkley Bill & Eileen Blancato Valerie & John Brockenbrough Jack & Susan Campbell Mark Cohn Lila Cruikshank Dedee Delongpre Johnston Jim & Nancy Fields Anne & Will Fleeson Richard & Jessica Gordon Bobbie Gordon
- Charlotte Hanes Jim Hanes Laura Hortal Ed Hunsinger, Sr Annie Jenkins Mary & Randell Jones Rajesh & Stephanie Kapileshwari Megan Kilpatrick Terri LeGrand Don Lendle Josh & Janet Loew Wanda Maloney Richard G. Moye Jr. Lisa Northrop Alan Palmiter
- Gus & Linda Preschle Trevor Shelton Allen & Jane Smart John & Barbara Sprainitis Sarah Squire Nicole & Brian Stebbins Bud Stentz Gayle Tuch Patrick Turner Claire & Randall Tuttle Brad & Amanada Zabel Lei Zhang