We’re looking for a motivated, self-directed intern to learn about and support PEA's major events this Spring, including the Annual Piedmont Earth Day Fair, Environmental Debate Tournament and Green Home Tour. This internship will provide hands-on experience with event planning, outreach, marketing, and more.
The internship has a flexible schedule (10-15 hours a week) starting in early January and ending in early May 2024.
Who We Are:
Piedmont Environmental Alliance (PEA) works every day to create a more just, resilient, and environmentally sustainable Piedmont Triad. Based in Winston-Salem, NC, PEA’s innovative education programs, annual events, and community-based advocacy projects engage thousands of volunteers, students, faith communities, businesses, and partner organizations in climate and environmental action. Learn more at www.peanc.org
Support planning and execution of the Piedmont Earth Day Fair, including helping to manage sponsorships, plan activities, organize logistics, and market the event.
Support planning and execution of the Green Home Tour, including marketing, materials production, logistics, and more.
Engage in email and phone outreach to support events and Spring priorities.
Other organizational priorities as needed.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong organizational skills, self-motivated, and attentive to details.
Comfortable asking people to take action over the phone, email, and in person.
Demonstrated commitment to environmental and social issues a plus.
We are looking for you, if:
- You are detail oriented and can think through all the components of a largescale event.
- You are excited to engage with community members and invite people to get involved with programs, activities, and events.
- You are a polished writer, who knows how to connect with different audiences and encourage people to take action.
- You have a personal passion for the outdoors, environmental stewardship and sustainability, and have taken action to get involved in the issues you care about.
- You are a current college student or recent grad looking for an opportunity to connect with the community and give back.
This is an unpaid volunteer position.
Submit your resume and a detailed cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2023. Please reference “SpringEvents Internship” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Piedmont Environmental Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and encourages a diversity of candidates to apply.