PEA is seeking an enthusiastic and environmentally-conscious undergraduate student to join our team during Winter/Spring 2022. The intern will create and manage social media posts and work with Canva to design compelling graphics. The intern will participate in marketing and outreach to promote PEA programs and events.
The internship has a flexible schedule (10-15 hours a week), with at least half of the hours in person at our Old Salem office space.
Timeline: February-May 2022
Who We Are: Piedmont Environmental Alliance (PEA) works every day to create a more just, resilient, and environmentally sustainable Piedmont Triad. We accomplish our mission through events, education, and advocacy with programs that educate and empower, build community, and inspire action to create big change in our local community.
PEA empowers students and community members to become change agents, creating a greener Winston-Salem and Piedmont region. Our signature event - the Piedmont Earth Day Fair - is the largest Earth Day celebration and one-day environmental education event in the region.
- Write and publish compelling web and email content, including blog posts and email newsletters.
- Develop graphics to support on and off-line marketing.
- Manage digital content and post regularly to social media platforms.
- Attend bi-monthly Marketing Committee meetings.
- Manage and add events to PEA’s community calendar on the PEA webiste
Outreach and Community Events
- Attend community events to share information about PEA's impact.
- Assist with PEA's Lunch and Learn events, Annual Party, and more.
- Email current and prospective members to encourage them to donate again.
- Email media contacts with press releases.
- Ability to commit 10-15 hours per week.
- Highly accountable and able to work with sensitive financial information.
- Can-do attitude and passion for engaging with our community.
- Ability to write clearly, and concisely.
- Excellent time management skills.
- An interest in making the Piedmont Triad more environmentally sustainable.
- Graphic design or experience with Canva is a plus
- Computer, social media, and internet savvy.
- Comfortable talking to new people at community events.
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental and social issues a plus!
We are looking for you, if:
- You are a polished writer, who knows how to connect with people online, over email, and through written communications.
- You have a personal passion for the outdoors, environmental stewardship and sustainability, and have taken action to get involved in the issues you care about.
- You are a current college student or recent grad looking for an opportunity to connect with the community and give back.
Compensation: This is an unpaid volunteer position. Course credit can be awarded if applicable.
To Apply: Applications will be accepted through January 2022. Submit your resume and a detailed cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference "Spring 2022 Internship” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Piedmont Environmental Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply.